Detemining Repetition Number

This topic is 6198 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there.

I have a table that (amongst other fields) has two repeating fields of 20 repetitions. This layout is used as a timesheet function where the two fields record a date and a duration respectively.

I am trying to setup a button and script that inserts the date into the date field. I have setup a monitoring variable of get(calculationrepetitionnumber) that shows which repeating field I am in and then place the date into that field with that repetition number, but the number always reads 1 regardless of which field repetition number I'm in.

Anybody suggest how I can achieve this please?

Greg

Hi Daniele,

Thankyou very much for your response. This will work perfectly. :(

As a newbiw I have a question though - there is reference to a $$rep in the script. I understand this to be a global variable. Please advise where it is set - I cannot see how to set these variables.

Thanks,

Greg

PS: And your English fine. :B

Excellent. Thankyou so much. Works well.

I didnt know you could set variables with tooltips - I thought they were inforamtive balloons only, but it goes to show that there's lots I dont know about FmPro.

Cheers,

Greg

Another happy customer.

This will work perfectly.

I am afraid not. You should not put your data in repeating fields, because then you won't be able to find it, or summarize it. Use a related table, where each entry will be a separate record, and enter your data into a portal.

BTW, selecting a repetition via tool tip does not work well under OS X, because of the delay in calculation.

This topic is 6198 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.