How do I send contents of several records to Entourage?

This topic is 6198 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want to find a certain set of records and place the contents of most (or perhaps) all of the fields of that found set into the body of an Entourage e-mail message. A bonus would be the ability to address the e-mail message and give it a title. Currently, I have a script to export the contents of a found set to a text file, then I manually open the text file, copy the contents and paste them into the body of an e-mail message in Entourage. There has to be a better way!

Here's my situation. I dispatch various performers to various places at certain times and dates. So, I keep the schedule in an FM database. I want to be able to send an individual performer their schedule in the body of an e-mail message, after I've constrained the found set to certain dates, places, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Nishimark,

If you are the only one using this file and can live with not having the text in the body of the email... it should be easy to set up to send the file as an attachment. I find and HTML export works well for this.

Create a script that does your export to a static file. Then add another step to script step to send the email with the exported file attached.

If you simply must have the text in the body of the email you can try the following.

Create a global field, then use a loop step to go through each record and pull the information you want. When the loop completes use the global field as the body of your email. ** with version 8(:B I think) or above you might be able to use variables in place of a global field.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6198 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.