Screen Flickering

Baylah

This topic is 6176 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I apologize if this has been asked and answered but I can't find anything in the archives by a search using the title of this post as my criteria.

It seems fairly random and I have not been able to nail this down, but sometimes when I am in FileMaker my screen will flicker and roll after running a script or manually changing layouts. Sometimes it will roll several dozen times. It looks almost like a looping script is running in slow motion and the "freeze window" script step has not been set.

I can't really describe it much better than that except to say maybe it looks like a slow screen refresh, but the only thing refreshing is the FMP application. I am wondering if anyone else has run into this? Is it a known isuue, are there any patches that can be downloaded? Is there anything I can ask our Network Admin to turn off when I am developing FMP apps?

I seem to only have this problem on my office work system. I have not been able to determine if there is a conflict with another app on this computer. Sometimes it happens when I have nothing open other than what is running on my task bar. I have never had this happen on any system I have installed for a client to the best of my knowledge.

Well..I hope that wasn't to convoluted. If anyone has any insight I would appreciate it.

Steve

The odd thing is is sometime it will do while I am not even touching the keyboard.

Sometimes it will do it right after a scripted event or a manual layout change.

It has never done this during data entry so far.

The tough thing for me is I have not be able to replciate it so I can track down the cause.

Steve

I hae had the same problem. It seems to be more problematic if you have multiple windows open. Front office computer goes into Filemaker Convulsions if she has Quickbooks and Filemaker open then opens a email window.

When she goes back to the Filemaker window.......It freaks out 100% flashing until she changes to another layout.

Ended up setting up a table view layout to help mnimize it, but you would think this wouldn't be an issue.

It's not a RAM issue. We thought it was multiple apps open causing it so we tested it by opening 15 different apps at once, and the flashing actually improved..........Go Figure.

This topic is 6176 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.