Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Failed Attempt To Print On Dymo 400

Totes

This topic is 6200 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Here is my current problem.

I have a portal on my layout which has these fields:

Date / Time / Badge # / Room / Print / (plus a couple of other fields)

The “Print” filed is either a Yes or No and is the field that I am attempting to hinge my printing request on.

I want to print out labels on a Dymo 400 for all the ones with “Yes” in the print field.

I can print each one individually without any problem form the portal.

However, I tried to construct a Find for all the “Yes” so that all of those labels would print out , but the only label that prints is the very first record in the portal row.

What do I need to do to make all the entries with “Yes” in the print field print out on the Dymo 400?

I’m stumped.

Thanks,

James

Edited by Guest

You should print from the related records table. You can use a Go to Related records to return only the records that are displayed in the portal. You can further constrain the set to only display those with "yes". Then you can print those records.

Mr. V.

This link will show you some screen shots. I really hate to ask you to look this over to see where the problem is, but I just cant get this one to go.

Link

There is not rhyme or reason what it prints. It my print the YES but only odd numbers????

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jim

You will need to constrain your found set.

Enter Find Mode []

Set Field [barcode; "Yes"]

Constrain Found Set []

or you can just use a

Constrain Found Set [Restore]

Where is it specified that Barcode="Yes"

Also in your screen shot, you have it so that the GTRR matches all records in the current found set. This means that it will return all the related records that show up in your portal for every parent record that is in your found set. If you dont want this, and only want to find the child records with "yes" for that particular Parent record, then you need to uncheck that option.

Another option is instead of having a find, you can create another table occurence of the child table, create a global field that just stored the string "Yes". Then the multicriteria for the relationship would be from your current parentID to the foreign key field as you currently have, as well as from the global field to the Barcode field. Then a simple GTRR will give you all the child records without doing an extra contrain.

Once again I bow to your knowledge.

I have typed my fingers raw and wasted almost 200 labels trying to get that mess fixed.

2 days work solved in a matter of moments.

Thanks again, I hope one day I can return the favor.

Thanks,

Jim

Ok, I thought all was well...I have no idea about this one.

all of the records with "YES" selected show up in the preview before printing...however only the first and third record are printed even though all 3 are show "YES"???

Update...well I printed the labels out on my Laser and all was good...so its something in the settings on the Dymo.

Thanks again!

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6200 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.