disable a button in find mode?

This topic is 6195 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all--

I have a text field doing double duty as a button. Click or option-click the field (button) and a script executes.

However, when in FIND mode, I would like the user to be able to click in the field, type some text, and perform a find--without the button interfering (and without seeing the 'hand cursor' which appears whenever a button is moused over).

So my question is, is it possible to somehow disable or bypass a button's functionality when in Find mode? Many thanks--

You can have the script do a go to field if its in find mode.

If [ Get(WindowMode) = 1 ]

Go to Field []

Else

What your current script does.

End If

Also to get rid of the hand cursor, you can turn it off as part of the specify button option. However it is either off or on, not on if you are in browse mode and off if in find mode.

Thanks very much for your reply. As I suspected, I will just have to live with the hand cursor appearing when my users click in the field while in find mode. It's certainly not a huge problem.

What's wrong with scripting the Find process to change to a different layout? This is very easy to do with custom menus, and completely invisible to the user.

This topic is 6195 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.