Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Summarising totals in layouts

This topic is 6191 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi there, I have created a database that contains personel records. I have a total number of hours worked for a given project and tasks within those projects.

I would like to be able to summarise all the hours for a given project or project task but am unsure how to begin.

Create a table to hold the project information -- use a serial number to idetify the project records.

Put a ProjectID field in the Personnel table and enter in the serial number of the Project record.

Make a relationship betaeen the Project and Personnel tables, using the ProjectID fields. The relationship can be used to calculate the hours worked.

• Newbies

Hi Vaughan, thanks for your reply. It looks like I need to be more specific with my information as I have the database setup and have the information recorded in it but cannot find a simple way to summarise the workers hours by project.

I have one table "Timesheets" and it has a number of fields that record the hours each person works each day on a given project and project code.

The fields are: Name, hours, project and projectCode.

The project and projectCode fields are setup as a value list.

What I would like to do is make a layout that summarises the total hours for each project, and also the total hours for each projectCode for each project.

Thanks for your help.

This topic is 6191 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.