Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Send Mail Script Locks FM Window

This topic is 6190 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to set up a Send Mail script using FM8.5, Windows XP SP2, and Outlook 2003. When I perform the script "without dialog", a new email window pops up. But the problem is that this new window can't be minimized and I can't return to Filemaker until I save a draft, cancel/delete or send the new email.

This is a little annoying because on OSX, and Entourage it doesn't work this way. I can minimize the window and return to FM for extra info.

Does anyone know how to prevent the Send Mail script from locking the FM window?

Thanks

nut

I've got a very similar problem. I'm running server to XP sp2 and OSX clients. The emailing script works perfectly in OSX sending to Entourage. The emailing function in XP to Outlook and Outlook express does nothing. The problem has gradually appeared on all the Windows Machines, so now only the macs can email.

I'm also getting an intermittent but frequent window lock up on the windows machines but not the macs during a printing script. In this case the print job doesn't print and after changing layouts?? the next action (button/navigation etc.) locks up the window.

FM help said that the intermittent nature of the problem indicated a corrupt file so just revert to an earlier version ... easier said than done.

Hmmm

Sorry I didn't help at all but I feel your pain nut!

Phil

Hi

I've encountered the same behaviour in Outlook, boy does it annoy some of my users. I've got around it by using the open url script step, where you can have a recipient, message and a subject title, but as far as I know you can't attach a attachment.

You can google "mailto:" to obtain the syntax of this if you want to follow this aproach.

HTH

Jalz

This topic is 6190 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.