Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Unable to figure it out!

dcbug

This topic is 6191 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello All,

I have many jobs which have many details to them. I would like to enter an invoice from a vendor for a job and choose which details I want to apply to the invoice. The details reside in a line items file while the job code is in the master file. I can't seem to get the relationships to correctly pull up the details of the job. I get the details of all the jobs rather than the one job I choose. I would like to choose the details of the job from a value list, but again, I can't get the value list to just show the details of a particular job.

I've been struggling with many to many, three way, etc. and conditional value lists but no go.

Thanks! : [color:red]

"The details reside in a line items file..."

That's probably your problem. The details need to be in the Jobs table.

"... while the job code is in the master file."

I'm not sure what you mean by "master" file: is it vendor, invoice, or job? It sounds like you've got data all over the place.

Hi There,

The Jobs TO is the master data for all the jobs (after being transferred from Estimates). From the Jobs TO all activity begins, material is ordered(PO's), labor is applied(Payroll), Invoices(AP), and Billings(AR) yadi yada. I kept the same structure from the Estimates TO, using a line items file allowed me to select specific Details. Maybe I don't really need it in the Jobs file???

This topic is 6191 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.