Not sure If I need a script...

This topic is 6181 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I work for a local fire department and I am trying to make a database of everyones equipment and what I have. Here is what I am trying to do... Let's say I have 20 coats, and I put in a new record and check off that i am giving johny one, how do I get it to say that I now have 19 coats available? If someone can help me out with that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all,

Ryan

• Newbies

Hello,

Sorry for the multiple posts below this one, they kept coming back with an error. Here is my question.. I work for a local fire department and I am trying to make a database of everyones equipment and what I have. Here is what I am trying to do... Let's say I have 20 coats, and I put in a new record and check off that i am giving johny one, how do I get it to say that I now have 19 coats available? If someone can help me out with that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all,

Ryan

• Newbies

Okay explained a little bit better... I need to incorporate my inventory into it. So If I have 5 pairs of pants and 13 boots how do I see that when I give a pair of pants and a pair of boots to randy, it now says on the screen I have 4 pairs of pants and 12 pairs of boots available? I hope this makes sense if not please don't hesitate to ask me more info.

Thanks!

Hi

You're going to need 3 tables, one for the equipment, one for the users and another to record the allocations of equipment to users.

Portals in the Equipment layout or in the Users layout would allow you to allocate items from either "end".

Have a look at the attached demo, hope it's clear.

Robert

EquipDemo.zip

This topic is 6181 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.