sidebar fun

mgorman

This topic is 6174 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

so i want to get rid of the sidebar in a database i'm making, but i'm running into a problem of being able to browse records that i have found in a search. is there any way to create a field that will show you the total number of found records and another one that shows which record you are currently browsing (just like in the sidebar)? i don't like the idea of giving up so much layout space for just a little bit of information, so any help with that would be greatly appreciated!

I use the following unstored calc in most of my tables:

Right("00000" & Get(RecordNumber);5) & ¶ &

Right("00000" & Get ( FoundCount );5) & ¶ &

Right("00000" & Get ( TotalRecordCount );5)

....and for anybody with the opposite problem.....

We have a customer who is familiar with FMP and liked the status area, but wanted more buttons and more info in it. :hair:

So, we made a screen capture and placed it to the left, added in the requisite buttons for go to browse, layout, & preview mode at the top; previous and next records (with greyed out arrows where appropriate); and fields (get)ting record number and total record count; then put their special stuff in.

When navigating to the layout in browse mode, of course we hid and locked the real status area, and made the header and footer that same shade of grey. It looked good!

Then, and here's 10 points for anybody who predicted it, they changed their minds and wanted to hide the status area.

This topic is 6174 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.