Value List Required Field

djc728

This topic is 6177 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello:

I have a field set to a value list displayed as checkboxes. I have a 2nd field with 2 radio buttons. If a user clicks one of the radio buttons I want the user to have to choose one of the check boxes. How do I set this up?

Also, is there a way to set a field to be non-enterable and only enterable if there is a value in a specific field? It would be great if the radio buttons were made enterable ONLY if a checkbox was selected.

Dom

Possibly the easiest way to achieve this is to not allow entry to your radio buttons but to define it as a button to run a new script. The script would first check if there is data in the field you want and displays an error if there's not. If there is data you can display a message box and force them to select a valid option with a button and a set field step.

Thanks thats a great idea. I'm so 4D oriented that I sometimes forget how to do certain things in Filemaker. In 4D, that would be a very easy thing to accomplish but in Filemaker it takes a little more insight and creativity (IMO). Thanks for the suggestion.

Dom

This topic is 6177 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.