"Rollups" on layouts?

Greg Hains

This topic is 6181 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there.

I have a page whose Body contains a list (Browse; List) of some records. On the Footer of the page are more records laid out that display much more information about any of the single lines on the list above (when clicked/highlighted). As the footer section is fairly heft in screen real estate (half a 1024x768 page) Im looking to achieve a rollup effect.

I want to be able to have a button (maybe on each row of the list, or preferably a single button for the page) that opens up the detail section only as required, leaving more room for the main list to display in.

Is it possible to turn off viewing a footer on a layout dynamically? This is basically what Im trying to achieve.

Any ideas please?

Greg

No. On the single layout, be able to dynamically either change the size (e.g. pixel height) of the footer partition (which has some more record details in it), or be able to not display the footer at all unless I toggle it on and off with a button. Hence a rollup sort of effect (with a few fancy graphics to support that effect).

Is it possible to turn off viewing a footer on a layout dynamically?

No.

But as stated, a similar effect could be created using two layouts, one with all your footer info, one without.

Aaahh. I see what you mean. Great idea. Let me try that and get back to you.

Only problem I forsee is that when flicking over to the second layout, the currently highlighted record from layout one would be different - especially if the record I was on/in, was on the lower part of the screen where the second layout (with footer) would appear.

Let me experiement and get back to you.

Cheers,

Greg

This topic is 6181 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.