Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Limiting layout access with IWP

Art Busbey

This topic is 6194 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a rather simple database, created in FMP 8.5 and hosted through the 8.0 Server Advanced. I have the Guest account set up as read only and anyone accessing the database through the web only has access to the Guest account. They can read and peruse the database only. But the database has 5 layouts - only one of which I want IWP users to see. However when I go to edit the Guest privilage set the area where I can set layout access is grayed out.

Does anyone have any idea how I can limit the IWP access users to just one of the five layouts?

TIA

You can't change the default Privilege Sets. But you can create new Privilege Sets and customize them to your hearts content. Or in Layout Mode, in Set Layout Order... you can uncheck the box for Include in Layout Menu and no users will see that layout in the drop down menu.

Thanks for the feedback. I set up a new account with only the single layout. Now the problems seems to be 'security'. With the default guest account the user goes directly into the database without having to supply an account name and password (which is what I want to happen - web users are allowed to search the database). With the accounts I create, even with no password, the user gets a dialog asking for the user name and password. I can't find any way to surpress this. Any suggestions? TIA

This topic is 6194 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.