Google Document

pacific707

This topic is 6181 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I was thinking it would be really sweet if you could use the web viewer to make word documents on Google Documents and then have a script fetch the document into a container field. Then when you want to view it, it would upload the doc and display it in the FM webviewer.

any ideas??

Edited by Guest

This was actually my very first thought when the WebViewer came up. But I've come to the conclusion that it is not clear enough if Google free services will remain free forever, or if data security and privacy can be guaranteed.

I therefore never 'sold' this to a customer.

In my ideal solution the data would be retrieved from the server and the copy on the server would be deleted. Then you could have the option to open the document in Word or whatever local program you have.

I don't think they will ever charge for the google docs service for two reasons. One they have established themselves other reliable income through advertising. Two this is the future of editing word documents on the iPhone (what I am saying is web based applications are going to be more predominate in the future.)

Anyhow the option would be nice. Click on a field and a layout with the word editor comes up. If the container was empty it starts a new document. If it's full it would load the doc form the container. When you save the script would save the doc in the container and delete the one online.

This topic is 6181 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.