Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FileMaker Pro 8 Maximum Capacity??

This topic is 6159 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello All,

I am using FileMaker Pro 8 to handle my 10+gig sales database. On my most recent data load, the database stop loading the data right before it was about to finish. It froze with 120k left to load.

Does filemaker have a maximum file size before it starts to become unstable?

Thanks so much for the help!

I decided to just find the info. you were close :P

Number of records per table: 64 quadrillion total records over life time of file.

http://filemaker.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/filemaker.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5400&p_created=1124996350&p_sid=uVef5dFi&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MzA2JnBfcHJvZHM9MCZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1TcGVjaWZpY2F0aW9ucw**&p_li=&p_topview=1

lol...Hey I said a FM File was maxed at 4 terabytes and it was actually 8....Oh wait I was closer :P

Edit: Yeah I agree. I have a file used only for printing. Import records>Print>Delete(UPC Barcodes). We will never reach the max records though.

Edited by Guest

10 GB @ 100 Bytes per record

10 GB = 10240 mb = 10,485,760 KB = 10,737,418,240 Bytes

Lol, actually yeh, that would still leave you way off, even if you were storing like one unicode character per record you would have 5,368,709,120 records... which is 5 billion which is way off even a trillion --- you'd have to wipe them once a day and re-import all of them for about 55 years straight to reach the limit.

lol...I knew you would come back with a bunch of numbers.

A similiar conversasion here at work led me to write a script that was a loop that Duplicated the current record non stop til you stopped it. Was interesting to see that each user(3) took a turn creating one record through the whole list.

We concluded.......Ummmm Yeah. :P

This topic is 6159 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.