Web Viewer

Genx

This topic is 6122 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

You use this function

GetLayoutObjectAttribute ( objectName ; attributeName {; repetitionNumber ; portalRowNumber} )

You're going to need to name your web viewer using the object info box. Once you name it, just pass in the name of your object and "content" as it's attribute and this function will return empty until the page is finished loading.

From what I have been told is that it's 100% empty until it's done. I believe that was from an FM technician too. I would test it anyway just to be certain. Maybe make a site that goes in a loop forever in php and never loads :( perhaps crash a server or two.

Even if you could check the web viewer's current state, in practice it'd be done the same way, ie with a loop. Only instead of checking for

E.g. this will probably work:

Set Variable[ $timeout ; 60 ]

Set Variable[ $startTime ; Get(currentTimeStamp) ]

Loop

Set Variable[ $content ; GetLayoutObjectAttribute( "webviewer" ; "content" ]

Exit Loop If[Get(CurrentTime) > $startTime + $timeout or not IsEmpty($content)]

End Loop

Problem Is you can't define what kind of error you have experianced. In some instances the webviewer will "stall" and fail to load the page. This can be fixed by reseting the webviewer in the script but if the site is down, it does no good. I have yet to be able to distinguish between errors on the web page, and DNS Errors. this is a problem. Without the abilty to define why the page failed to load it is hard to Gracfully handle the Error. I have been able to use the Webviewer with HUGE benifets (I used vbs scripts to scrape webpages previously), It is one of the best feature's that FM has added in a long time. That being said, the inability to check the status of a page is a pain. (In vbs scipts it was easy to check the status of the page and handle the errors gracefully.)

In FM 9, I have heard there is now a status bar for the webviewer. Can any new info be obtained from this, within a script?

Im not sure about the status bar, I'll check in a few minutes... but:

Why not just reset the web viewer and try a second time on the site if it does in fact time out?

This topic is 6122 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.