Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Reformatting copied text

cbflynn

This topic is 6132 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a problem with the format of text that is copied from the internet and pasted into a field.

In the table, I have the field set to a particular font and font size. When I manually type in the data the format is fine. However, I get a lot of the information I need from the internet. When I copy and paste the text from the internet into the field the formatting from the internet overrides the settings on the field.

Is there a way to force the field to change the formatting to specific settings after pasting the data in?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hi cbflynn,

You can handle this problem in a couple of ways.

When you paste the data in, you can use the option key combined with command and v ( Cmd + Op + v) and it will past without the Clipboard style.

You can use the Auto Enter option for the Field, and use the TextFormatRemove ( text ) Function as your calculation. Be sure to deselect the option of "Do not replace existing values in the field (if any)"

HTH

Lee

Edited by Guest

If you use custom menus, or want to start, you can duplicate the edit submenu and replace the paste command with a script step, "paste [no style]." This will change the command v to paste without style throughout the entire file.

I forgot to tell you that to change the existing data, you would need to use the Replace function. This topic has been covered in the past too, but If you need help on how to do this, just post back and I explain further.

HTH

Lee

This topic is 6132 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.