go to a layout based on date

This topic is 6126 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all, I'm an accidental techie looking for help. I am working with a database that has a separate layout for each month of the year (January2007, February2007 etc.) and I would like to create a script to use at opening that would take the user to the layout that corresponds with the current month. Something along the lines of, if the current month is June, go to June2007 layout. I have tried some options but clearly have no idea how to pull this one off. Thanks in advance.

Your design seems a little flawed. What happens in 3 years? Will you keep creating a layout for each month of each year? This is not really recommended.

Now having one layout for each month is more manageable than one per each month/year.

Even if it is set up as one layout for each month and new won't be created for each year. It would be so much easier to have 1 layout and and a date field, then isolate the records you want to see using a scripted search for the current month.

If you want to have a header that displays what months records you are viewing, within the find script just set a Global field with the Month for the last search performed.

This topic is 6126 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.