Sign in to follow this  
Curlydave

Modifying item properties with a script

How can I modify the properties of a textbox, input field, etc using a script? I'm trying to do 2 things: Having my print script delete the header labels for some text fields if the fields are empty, and having a button disable input into certain fields. For the second one, I know you can do this with behavior property, but I can't find this in the script menu.

To get rid of the header labels, the most elegant solution would be something like "If IsEmpty(table::field), delete label1". Alternatively, it could change the text value of label 1 to "", or set the color to white. Is there a way to do any of these things?

edit: I can't even find unique identification for the labels, so I don't even know how I'd call them.

edit 2: I found a workaround for the first problem: I used fields instead of labels for the labels, and modified them using the "set field" command. This works, but isn't a very elegant solution.

Edited by Guest

It sounds like you are in serious need of conditional formating... 9 would take care of most of your problems quite easily:

http://sixfriedrice.com/wp/filemaker-9-tip1-hiding-something-on-the-layout/

Thanks for the info. I thought software companies had moved past the days when they'd charge you for a new version instead of patching in common-sense features. :

Edited by Guest