Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Import of MySQL blob cuts off at 128K

This topic is 3659 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a script that imports several fields from a MySQL DB, including a blob type, which goes into a container in FileMaker.

However, it only gets the first 128KB of data from the blob. Any thoughts?

What is in the blob you're attempting to import? I've seen image files that seem fine in My SQL (or other database applications) turn out to be damaged upon closer inspection. Apparently FileMaker is a little more touchy then My SQL when it comes to damaged image files. I'd try inserting the file manually into the container field first to make sure its not choking on the file itself.

Also try duplicating the issue in a new FileMaker file. Damaged files can perform in the strangest of ways.... I've done this in pro 8 with no issues, however I've not attempted in 8.5 or 9.

• Newbies

We're using a web form to allow clients upload files to us... sometimes they're jpg, sometimes zip, sometimes another format.

Using a script, I can look at / download any of the files directly from the web through a browser, but as soon as I import them into FM, they mess up.

• Newbies

I have the same problem (Post#257377).

Has any Mac OSX User tried the same thing? So we would knew if the problem is due to FM or the ODBC driver.

I called FileMakerInc for this problem, but I'am still waiting for an answer...

• 6 years later...

This topic is 3659 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.