Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Notification

This topic is 6127 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

: How do you think it would be possible to notify a user in the LAN of an incoming "message" in FileMaker? (The message is generated by another user in the LAN also in FileMaker). In other words, how to display a dialog informing the user of an event in FileMaker? In Mac you can make FileMaker to trigger an AppleScript, also there may be a way to use Growl.

Thanks Søren, seems Boardroom is a nice software with a great implementation. However what I'm looking is a way to tell the user of an event in FileMaker when using another application, some kind of notification.

Yes, server can do it, but I was looking for, is a FM Solution to enable email sending between the LAN clients (only), without using internet. The notification would "popup" anytime a message arrives, no matter which application the client is using. In Mac there is a system-wide Notification called Growl, see: growl.info/, also, I said in a previous message it may be posible to do something in AppleScript, but what with Windows?:

One more thing Carpal, I still struggling with RC4, it's almost finished, I still trying to figure out the part with the XOR operation.

You may want to take a look at our plugin, 360Works RemoteScripter (download a demo from http://www.360works.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/360Store ).

It triggers a FileMaker script when it receives an HTTP request, which makes it very easy to trigger FM scripts from other applications.

This topic is 6127 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.