Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM9.0 Printing Problems

This topic is 6127 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ok, this is strange (well, to me it is).

I am trying to print using FileMaker Adv. 9.0. I began by using the trial version, and now am using the official version.

While using the trial version, I have a script that goes to a layout that will print on a Brother LQ500 label, file folder size. After the first time I used this printer, FileMaker 9.0 will *not* change the page size correctly. Today, if I have the printer set to the brother printer, the layout looks like it is printing on a regular size sheet of paper. When I change the printer to the HP Printer, the layout size switches to the Brother's settings. My only option at this point is to go back to 8.5 to print anything.

I was hoping this would be fixed between the trial and the release, but it has not.

It doesn't matter if I run it on xp or vista, the same issues happen.

Anyone have suggestions?

I believe the trials are teh same as the released versions, and rebuilt with ever version patch.

I've noticed that FileMaker doesnt like using label printers much, the more popular one would be Dymo. Normally I adjust the layout and change the label sizes manually to get it to print properly. I'm not sure if the problem is with FileMaker or with the label printer drivers not working correctly with FileMaker.

I would contact tech support for more information on this, they would have more insight on problems like this one.

Sorry not much help except using custom label sizes. :

I have noticed this to, this also happens on 8.5 and vista for certain. But I have had many printer issues with vista and had not pined down the source of my problems.

This topic is 6127 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.