Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How to automate update script?

This topic is 6128 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a script that imports the contents of a dozen tables from the previous version of my application (I use the separation model) after I've made structure changes. The actual imports work fine.

My problem is this: even though I have the "run with full access" option set, the script pauses at each import and requests a login to access the previous application file.

How can I cause it to carry out the sequence of imports without me having to login twelve times? I tried adding a "Re-Login as Admin" script step before the series of imports, but that didn't change anything. I'm only using the Guest and Admin accounts at this point and either one works at the login prompts.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You probably need to explicitly open the file first. Otherwise FileMaker will open only for import and close it immediately after that, so at the next step it will have to open it again. This is why it asks you several times for a password. Once you open a file using the Open File[] script step, it will remain open.

Keep in mind that when importing from an open file, the found sets are considered. You should explicitly Show All Records in each table before importing their records.

This topic is 6128 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.