Server Maintenance This Week. ×

slow auto enter response

This topic is 6127 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hello.. i hope someone has heard of this phenomenon. When I first open db and do first find in a name field in contact db, it takes like 10 seconds for the auto enter feature to kick in and you start seeing field names. After that first find. it's very quick and smooth.If I reopen file, it works perfect if there hasn't been a restart.

The database has around 7000 contacts. I have turned off the indexing on many of the other fields, and that didn't seem to make a difference.

help..........

I think the filemaker client has to download the "index" of the field to support the type ahead.

In a startup script, you might try using ValueListItems() on a valuelist based on your type-ahead field to see if you can get the index to download before the user gets to that field.

Are you working with a hosted File? Or is it just something you open locally. I believe shadow is correct you actually do download the index during the auto-enter feature so you actually don't get any benefit from dropping index's on other fields. The quality of your connection and speed of your computer would actually effect it more then anything.

This topic is 6127 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.