Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ruba

connecting via ODBC problem

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect my FM Pro 8.5 to ASP.NET web application.

Unlike other posts who were not able to see the FM Client driver, I can see the FM driver. My problem is with the DataDirect SequeLink for ODBC setup.

I go to the Data Source, try to add System DSN, select the driver. all is fine up until now.

Knowing that the database is on my machine, I add the following:

Data Source Name: the name of my DB

SequeLink Server Host: 127.0.0.1

SequeLink Server Port: 2399

but when I get to the Server Data Source, no matter what I add the connection fails and gives this message:

[DataDirect][ODBC SequeLink Client]TCP/IP error,connection refused.

Can somebody please help me with this; I'm a student and just learning FM and I've been working on this for quite some time now. So any help would be much appreciated!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, I figured out what was wrong and just wanted to post it so that other starters, like myself, pay attention to this.

my db wasn't open!! very simple....

i didn't pay attention to this so kept getting that error message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.