File forcefully disconnected!?

This topic is 6097 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

A few hours ago, all of the computers in our office received this message:

"File has been forcefully disconnected from host... [From Administrator: ""]"

Nobody has touched the server in a few hours... Everytime I open Filemaker Server and try to open our server I get this message after a few seconds:

"The connection to this FileMaker Server has been lost."

This has been going on ever since we switched our web server's IP address yesterday (which is also the box where our FM databases are)... We have been able to connect to the FM databases all day though...

Nobody can access the file that has been taken off and I can't put the file back up either!

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-Chris

his has been going on ever since we switched our web server's IP address yesterday (which is also the box where our FM databases are)... We have been able to connect to the FM databases all day though...

You ar serving FileMaker Pro files to the web via FileMaker Server Advanced? Or is this some other web serving operation?

Steven

We are using FileMaker Server 7 on a Mac Pro (OS X 10.4.10) serving FileMaker 7 files to 11 clients around the office...

Somehow web services in server admin got turned off... i turned them on and the file is back and working now... weird ;)

It could be an old-fashioned IP number conflict: two machines with the same number. You mentioned that the web server's address was changed yesterday.

This topic is 6097 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.