Sign in to follow this  
hartmut

Need help with sound plug-in ,

24uSoftware.com has a plug called simple sound., I made a file in filemaker 9 and loaded the demo. I can't make the sucker work with my file. I wrote to them but I didn't get an answer. I am uploading my file here in case anyone who knows that plug in can help me get mine working. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I can't believe filemaker doesn't allow for recording directly into a container field. Thank you. I have the buttons in place and the scripts attached to the buttons but no real script .

http://www.24usoftware.com/SimpleSound is where I got the demo download from.

sound_Copy.fp7.zip

Edited by Guest

You can click into a container field and do Insert->Sound to record a sound which is stored into the container field. Is that your question?

I know that. I was trying to make my file more sophisticated with the plug-in. I wanted the user to use controls within filemaker via buttons to play record stop pause continue recording etc. That is what I made the file for. But I couldn't make the simplesound plug=in work for that file. I was hoping someone here may have a similar file or someway to help me get mine working with their scripts.

Thanks

Is there any other sound plug-in that will work. I can't get anyone at 24Usoftware. There is no phone support. Is there any other plug-in available for sound into filemaker?