Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 6124 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've got a section of a database where I am storing an image as a file. I would like to be able to click a button and have that image display into a container field. Thus far the most I can do is copy the file field and paste it into the container field, but that just puts the image icon in.

Thoughts?

-Matt

You could if the original file was stored as a reference in the container field; i.e., if the actual file exists and you have an accurate reference to it. That would mostly be a problem of creating a calculation to produce an "imagewin:" syntax file path instead of a "filewin:" syntax; otherwise the same (result container).

But if you've embedded the file then you'd have to export it out somewhere before you could see it.

Right? Or is there a magic way to reference an embedded file as an image? I've never tried that, but it seems unlikely, since it's not accessible via URL. I'd love to be wrong ;)-]

You could if the original file was stored as a reference in the container field; i.e., if the actual file exists and you have an accurate reference to it. That would mostly be a problem of creating a calculation to produce an "imagewin:" syntax file path instead of a "filewin:" syntax; otherwise the same (result container).

But if you've embedded the file then you'd have to export it out somewhere before you could see it.

Right? Or is there a magic way to reference an embedded file as an image? I've never tried that, but it seems unlikely, since it's not accessible via URL. I'd love to be wrong ;)-)

Oh yes. I shouldnt have been so careless in my post; definately should hve mentioned that the webviewer option would be for referenced images or images in a specific location.

I was wondering though why the OP did not just use the option to Insert Image rather than insert file. Then the container field itself could be used to view the image regardless of embedded or referenced.

I was wondering though why the OP did not just use the option to Insert Image rather than insert file. Then the container field itself could be used to view the image regardless of embedded or referenced.

I didn't think of that. Changed it to that and it's working fine.

Thanks,

Matt

This topic is 6124 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.