creating a invoice

synergy

This topic is 8300 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello

I've been unable to find a simple example on how to create a invoice layout (using portal's and relations instead of the old way via repeating fields which I'd like to avoid) My needs are rather simple as most of the taxing fields etc have been created as well as the value lists for the products and services --- {don't know if this really matters}. So all that this solution requies is a way for the user to select the product / service via a list , which they must be able to add too. Manually add quantity and other non-constant data. Any help on how to put this together will be great!!?

thank you

Synergy

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you asking how to create the actual printout?

If so, create your invoice as a normal sub-summarized report in your line items file.

To get to the correct found set, simply use the Go To Related Record command from your invoice file.

Or are you asking how to create an invoicing system?

Have you looked at the templates provided by the installation. In FileMaker 4 there is a business template called Inventory System and in Filemaker 5 a template called Time Billing. Both have invoicing components to them.

Have a look and see if they provided you with the information you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

Got this tip from C.B.

A really good source for this is the book 'Special Edition, Using Filemaker Pro 5' by Rich Coulombre and Jonathan Price. The book and the accompanying CD has script examples of an invoicing system and excellent explanations.

This topic is 8300 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.