Attempting to Develop Knowledgebase

bee13

This topic is 6095 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi. I'm new to this forum and a novice to Filemaker. I have build a few simple database solutions but now am trying to expand my skills by creating a Knowledgebase, to be used in a business environment.

First off, have any of you ever developed or seen a knowledgebase created with FileMaker? I have searched the web, looking for an instance where FileMaker was used to create a knowledgebase, and hopefully look at a screen shot or two, but I can't seem to find any examples.

Secondly, I have already created the input form where the user can input a question or statement, and the same user, or others via Instant Web Publishing, can contribute to the answer or explanation. That's all working fine.

Now, I want to create a special "Search" view that provides the user with a way to enter keywords and select a category and sub-category as the search criterion. I am thinking that I want to do this in a List layout so that the resulting found set can be displayed as a list for the user to review, and make each found "Topic" clickable so the user can be taken to a third layout that looks like plain white paper with black text (trying for a typed page look) that lays out the entire archive record.

I know how I want the interface to look and function. I'm just looking for the best approach and was hoping all you smart folks could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks.

This topic is 6095 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.