they still can't handle aero??

This topic is 6085 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

how lame is that? granted not an important reason for the update, but it sure would be nice if filemaker did not mess up my desktop every time i start it.....

Edited by Guest

I guess the fact that if they call it Vista compatible, I kinda thought it would be just that

Edited by Guest

it turns aero off - basically all the translucent effects of the aero desktop. I know it does not sound like much to people spoiled with apple's attention to detail when it comes to a GUI, but it can be quite annoying, because the translucency has some practical side effects besides aesthetics and it feels like the non areo desktop is slower, too.

and no I am not using FMP7, I am using FMP9 advanced on vista ultimate... I do not know why it keeps showing 7 and XP... i must have changed it 50 times

Edited by Guest

• Newbies

I get the same problem using 8.5 and 9 on Vista Business, however my colleague with the same spec PC doesn't have the problem?!

Have even copied over his reg keys for FM and I still get Aero disabled when loading up filemaker (both the new versions and the older version 6 I need to keep on)

From googling it looks to be something like DirectDraw? Any ideas guys?

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6085 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.