Server Maintenance This Week. ×

open URL with local html file

This topic is 6048 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Up until quite recently, the following worked fine in 8.5v2:

Open URL [ "file://c:/CameoDevelop/CameoHelp/Appendix17.html" ] [ No dialog ]

Now, that does nothing, but omitting "file://" works:

Open URL [ "c:/CameoDevelop/CameoHelp/Appendix17.html" ] [ No dialog ]

(It makes no difference whether forward or backslashes are used.)

The change in behavior may have happened around the time that I installed the fmp 9 trial. (I've removed the trial, however).

Any clues in solving this mystery would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Using FMP 9, Open URL is working fine on Mac, but I just tried on a PC and it didn't work.

Is something happening on this particular PC, or do I have to script the path differently now? My path is already like the second one, without the "file://" -- any insight?

• 1 month later...

I'm having the exact same issue... local html files don't load as they are supposed to. All was well in 8.x, but has broken in 9.

If I click the button that the script is assigned to multiple times, it eventually loads the page, but this isn't a great solution.

I haven't seen an answer to this elsewhere on the forums... has anyone figured it out?

Nope... literally nothing happens.

For example, I have a script that only has a goto url statement in it. I run the script (by clicking the button it is assigned to) and nothing happens at all. It's like the script didn't run.

If I put custom dialog boxes statements on either side of the goto url statement, they both pop up, but nothing loads in the browser.

If I click the button repeatedly (maybe 10-20 times) it will load once or twice.

This worked well in FM8.

Okay 1 - try the fllowing command instead within a send event statement: iexplore "yourURLHere"

2) Try Opening the browser first, then going back to fm and pressing the button to open the url - in all honesty i think this is an issue with the browser boot time - have you upgraded the browser recently?

I don't know but 2 things.

1) I don't think send event is available on Mac so you're probably going to have to do a platform check and execute a open url if you're on mac and send event if one windows.

2) I would recommend you use iexplore, not firefox as IE should be present on all windows machines.

This topic is 6048 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.