Server Maintenance This Week. ×

fields has comma in Windows 2003 MySQL odbc

This topic is 6100 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

After setting System DSN odbc driver, verify MySQL database connection, and see MySQL tables; I went into FileMaker 9 and added ODBC datasource from my newly created MySQL odbc source.

When I selected my tables, all of my field name shows up with comma in front of the field name in FileMaker 9. And in browse mode, all of my fields has "[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.27-standard-log]Unknown column ',anyfieldhere' in 'field list'

I guess the reason for the error because of the comma "," somehow created in front of the fieldname when I added the external MySQL odbc.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Which ODBC driver? I got very confused trying out MySQL connections -- I finally realized that the driver that's in the filemaker installer DMG is not apparently the good one -- you you should be using this: http://www.actualtechnologies.com/filemaker.php Perhaps I missed a critical piece of documentation, but it seems like FM is doing a terrible job of explaining this...

On the Mac, using ActualTechnology's ODBC works great. But on Windows(I'm using 2003 Server), the ODBC driver 3.51.17 is giving me the comma problem.

Since my FileMaker is hosted on Windows, I can not use ActualTechnology's odbc.

Please help.

Found the problem. So far, FM 9 on Windows only works with MySQL ODBC 3.51.16, anything else before that doesn't even show up in FM 9, the latest version 3.51.17 gave me the comma problem mentioned.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is 6100 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.