ODBC Filemaker Internal Error when updating/inserting into Date Field

This topic is 6101 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I have a rather strange problem, for which I cant seem to find a solution. I am using Filemaker 8 with Filemaker 8 Server Advanced. I am also using the DataDirect Sequelink ODBC driver that came with the Filemaker software. I am using this ODBC to connect from an ASP page using ADOB connection. Everything is working fine and I am more than happy with everything. BUt I chave come across a problem that when I try to Update or Create a record in a table (from the ASP web page) - a date field in particular - I am unable to put a 'high' date in for example 21/12/2007 (or 12/21/2007 US). 'Lower' dates like 1/1/2007 are acceptable to Filemaker but when I try the higher dates I get

[DataDirect][ODBC SequeLink driver][ODBC Socket][DataDirect][ODBC FileMaker driver][FileMaker] (-1)

Error - The Stack Trace is:

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80004005): [DataDirect][ODBC SequeLink driver][ODBC Socket][DataDirect][ODBC FileMaker driver][FileMaker] (-1)]

Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) +798

Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack) +23

ASP.VisitDetails_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __output, Control parameterContainer) +3083

System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +27

System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +7

System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +243

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1926

This is happening for any date field that I have on any table, Im sure I must be doing something wrong but any help/pointers/information will be more than useful to me and I will be much obliged.

Thank you

• Newbies

Thank you 'The Shadow' for your response.

I have tried the solution you have mentioned and to my delight it has solved the problem - the yyyy/mm/dd format works a treat!

When I posted the question I was also looking into the solution and found that dd/mm/yy doesnt through up an error as well but I like your solution better. Thank you again - and btw the any special reason for this problem is it something I'm doing wrong?

And if anybody else has used Filemaker with ASP or ASP.NET I would love to hear how you have done this. The only way I could find, with my limited knowledge and understanding, was to use ADODB Connection/Recordset - But Im not sure how to do this with ASP.NET and use DataGrids etc SO if you have any experience with this I would love to hear how this has been achieved.

'The Shadow' Thank you again.

Asad

Hi Asad,

YYYY-MM-DD is the SQL standard date format, the SequelLink driver *attempts* to support the localized date format also, but I think you need to use some special prefix or something - I forget the exact format, maybe its something like: d'11/21/1987'.

Anyway, using the SQL date format has always seemed safer and easier to me, as then it doesn't matter what date format the FM file wants to use.

This topic is 6101 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.