Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problems with upgrading to v9 Advance

JB2

This topic is 6123 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm getting the same wheel when I start my computer then a message and a window that says "Where is Filemaker" I then need to locate FM9 in a list of applications each time I start my computer.

I've tried to save the files as mentioned above (as compressed) them open in FM9 but it still does the same routine when I start my computer again.

I'm thinking this may be cause because I purchased the FM9 Advances upgrade (coming from full install of FM 8.5 Advanced).

This is really frustrating as it seems I need to quit FM 8.5, then find FM9 in the applications list (from the pop up) then I can get into FM9. I was thinking of uninstalling FM9, then trying to re install.

Is this normal when upgrading from one version to a newer one?

Any suggestions?

This should be a different thread.

This has little to do with Filemaker as a program and more with your OSX settings. Sounds like you need to:

1) Change the default application used to open files with the ".fp7" extension. "Get Info" on an .fp7 file and change the setting for "Open with".

2) Change the application that opens when the computer starts up. That's in System Preferences --> Accounts --> Login Items

This topic is 6123 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.