FM's Save Dialog

This topic is 6198 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a layout that doesn't save changes automatically. I have a save button that does allot of validation and other neat stuff. My seamingly INSURMOUNTABLE problem is that when the user clicks outside of a field or button, FileMaker politely pops up a dialog asking the user if they would like to save the record, bypassing any save script I might have.

For Me this is a HUGE problem.

Is there a way to turn this off?

It was suggested to me that I put a big button behind everything on the layout. Out of desperation I have incorporated this into some of my layouts but I'm certain there is a more "Professional" way to go about it without having a Black Flashing Background every time the user clicks outside an object.

I'm aware and have used the field validation options such as "not empty" and such. But I have needs to do other things with the data when the record is saved.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Mel

Yes, this is how it works. The Catch 22 is that you disable the dialog by saveing the record changes automatically.

To do what you want, you need to have all data entry into global fields, then script the transfer of these into the real fields when a button is clicked.

This topic is 6198 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.