Too Much Data being sent from server

This topic is 6129 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

any help would be great,.. thanks,.. !

Using FMP 9 and FMS 9 over a T1 line moving a max of about 140KB/s

I have 3 tables (and or) files

- table 1 has 15,000 records with 100 fields (11-MB)

- table 2 has 15,000 records with 8 container fields and a key that relate to table 1 (3-GB)

- table 3 has 120,000 records with 15 fields that relate to table 1 (28-MB)

table 2 holds up to four 6KB thumbnail images and up to four 40 KB images

there is a scanning plugin that aquires the images into table two

I have done extensive network throughput testing -- and have constructed various designs where, with no records, the total Bytes transfered from client to server and back, equals the size of the image files, plus a little overhead.

however when I import all of the records - especial the 3 GigaBytes of image files -- there is a very strange thing that happens,... the client downloads apx 1.4 MB of extra data every time I import or aquire more images,... and then when I try to enter text data, or advance a record,.. the client downloads another 1.4MB of data.

if I refresh and freeze at the at the end of the aquire script, it will download both 1.4MB groups of data, with a slight pause between them,...

It is almost like the file is opening again and again,.. downloading an index or something.

once all of the extra data has been downloaded the files act normally,.. moving a little data between the Server and Client with each image record advance,.. but nothing more than the size of the actual files

I do not know how the inner guts of FMP or FMS work,... can anyone think of what the Server might be sending to the Client,.. and perhaps anyway of storing it locally so the server does not have to keep sending it,.. ?

thank you very much,.. !

This topic is 6129 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.