FM9 Web Viewer and $_POST

GalainHH

This topic is 6107 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

SELECT * FROM `products_options`;_____ DELETE FROM `products_options`;_____ INSERT INTO products_options ( products_options_id, language_id, products_options_name ) VALUES ('6','2','Speicher5');_____ INSERT INTO products_options ( products_options_id, language_id, products_options_name ) VALUES ('7','2','Festplatte

5');_____ INSERT INTO products_options ( products_options_id, language_id, products_options_name ) VALUES ('8','2','downloads5');_____ INSERT INTO products_options ( products_options_id, language_id, products_options_name ) VALUES ('9','1','downloads5');_____ INSERT INTO products_options ( products_options_id, language_id, products_options_name ) VALUES ('12','2','Laufwerk5')

This forum uses the post method to submit a reply. I have posted this message using the webviewer.

Off course it works! This is not the point.

You can use the post method with every WebSite around the world and with every html.file on your computer.

The fact is: In this case Web Viewer opens an [color:blue]EXTERNAL url or html-file.

The FM_9_ Web Viewer offers a new kind of thing:

Generate a Web-file ON-THE-FLY

- without writing a REAL file to disk

- instead it reads the WHOLE code directly from FM field and parses it

You can read about this new thing here:

web-viewers-without-the-web

This (in conjunction with the post method) might be extremly usefull for updating WebServers (i.e. WebShops) that are hosted on Servers that don´t support ODBC, by invoking the Update with $_POST and an PHP-file on the Webserver.

And in THIS case, the $_POST method won´t work.

I think your calculation is just missing something somewhere to be honest -- are u sure all the code is there?

I would be glad, if my calculation is missing something!

When I copy the source code of the static html-file, paste it in a file "HTML-INPUT" and make a WebViewer with this code:

"data:text/html" & HTML-INPUT

this won´t work either.

Any ideas?

GalainHH

Hmmm, I have tried a few more things and I also seem to have problems with using post...

I had assumed that since some of the form data was still going across that it was a formatting error on my end, but it seems to be consistent with how it drops data...

Since I don't currently have a test environment here I tracked down some very simple forms used to submit email addresses and tried those out and it does indeed seem to have a problem when the data is sent using the data protocol with POST.

Please see the attached file for the various ways I have tested this.

If this is a new bug in v9, I am unsure. I will have to try using v8.5 to see if I get the same problems...

Test_Post.zip

Edited by Guest
Uploaded test file for verification

Update:

It works with FMP 8.5 for OS X and Windows XP according one of the people from FM Tech Talk.

It works with FMP v9 for Windows XP.

It does not work with FMP v9 for OSX. So this appears to be a bug with FMP v9. Awaiting further verifications.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

It works with FMP 8.5 for OS X and Windows XP according one of the people from FM Tech Talk.

It does not work with FMP v9 for OSX. So this appears to be a bug with FMP v9. Awaiting further verifications.

Hello Brian,

VERY interesting. I was on holiday the last 10 days, so I couldn´t follow your attemps.

I will try it myself with FMP 9 under XP.

But I am wondering how you could have got this solution going to work in 8.5??? I thought one of the brand new features in FMP 9 is the abillity to load "a html page" out of a data field!?

I will try it myself with 8.5 under XP and OS X tommorow.

Thanks!

GalainHH

P.S. To answer your question in one of your first posts: Yes I am aware of the necessity to use the backslash to escape special characters. I assume you found out, that this problem is not related to those circumstances.

Edited by Guest

Update:

I tried to run my FileMaker Database with the Code mentioned in my first post and got the following results:

Mac OS X:

FileMaker 8.5 Advanced: Works without Problems

FileMaker 9 Advanced: Doesn´t work, instead I got the error message:

[color:red]Array ( )

Query was empty

Windows XP:

FileMaker 8.5 Advanced: Doesn´t work, because the WebViewer incorrectly parses the document

"data:text/html,%3Chtml%3E%3Chead%3E%20%20%3Ctitle%3E%3C/title%3E%3C/head%3E%3Cbody%3E%3CFORM%20METHOD=%22POST%22%20ACTION=%22%3E%3CTEXTAREA%20NAME=%22Daten%22%20cols=100%20rows=23%3ESELECT%20*%20FROM%20%60products_options%60;_____%20DELETE%20FROM%20%60products_options%60;_____%20INSERT%20INTO%20%60products_options%60%20(%20%60products_options_id%60,%20%20%60language_id%60,%20%60products_options_name%60%20)%20%20VALUES%20('6','2','Speicher%20%5C&%2334;Windows%20XP%5C&%2334;')%3C/TEXTAREA%3E%3CINPUT%20TYPE=%22submit%22%20VALUE=%22senden%22%3E%3C/FORM%3E%3C/body%3E%3C/html%3E"

FileMaker 9 Advanced: Works without problems

I think also, this must be bug.

Any Ideas?

GalainHH

This topic is 6107 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.