Looking for email Plug In???

This topic is 6111 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello!!!

I´m looking for the best option in order to send emails through an already made solution of Filemaker Pro 6, this solution is installed in an university, so the main user wants to send emails with the grades that he has on the system to the students, and also any important message, I know that there are many plug ins that make this task but i don´t know which one is the correct for my case, I checked the mail.it plug in that don´t need any email program client to work??? any comments.

Also an important thing is that the grades of the students that are given by the solution are fields, images and stuff, there is no problem at all when you send this or how the plug in exactly work???

Thanks for your attention

BluiSh

Both mail.it and SMTPit have version that support FileMaker 6.

SmartPill is great but requires FileMaker 8 or higher. AutoSender requires FM7.

When you use a plugin for email, the email is sent directly from FileMaker, it does not use your email application. You can incorporate FileMaker fields into the email via standard FileMaker text calculations, and you can include attachments.

Does that answer your questions?

:

Thanks for your advise Fitch, I think it could be no problem to update to Filemaker Pro 8, considering that, which option do you think is the better? SMTPit or mail.it or the other one you mentioned?

Thanks again for your attention

Sincerely

BluiSh

As far as email plugins, I have only used SMTPit extensively, so I can't advise you about the other options. SMTPit works very well and I would certainly recommend it.

This topic is 6111 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.