Script to export Type Merge

This topic is 6169 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

Can someone help with with this script. I have FM 8.0 Mac and want to write a script to export records of type merge. If I export manually, FM will remember last Type of "Merge". However, if I try to script it, the export keeps defaulting the Type popup to "Tab-Seperated Text".

Simply, I want to write a script to export of Type "merge."

Thanks,

Denis

Here is a tip, prior to version 7, You would first do the Export Manually, and then make your script using the Export Script Step. This was known as having FileMaker Ape your action, and it was the only way to get set them up. If I recall, you needed to do this for Import, Export, Sort, Finds, and Page Setup. You can still set up your scripts this way, even though with the release of version 7, FileMaker introduce the ability to create the steps within ScriptMaker. If you Read the Online help (available when FileMaker is open), searching for [color:blue]Export Records script step

it explains how can do this using ScriptMaker

HTH

Lee

Hello,

I have below script.

Allow User Abourt (off)

Export Records [Restore, No dialog]

In FM 5.5, the script would remember my previous export as "Merge" type as I wanted. However, in FM 8 the problem is the script keeps defaulting the "Type" to "Tab-Seperated Text." It keeps forgetting my last export of Type "Merge" and the user is forced to reselect the type each time.

However, in FM 8, if I do "Output File Path List" I can get the script to create export file with specific name-but now the problme is that it can only be the same name and also keeps replacing the old one.

In my case I want to keep the previous export of type Merge as well keep adding next export file to the specified folder. In summary, I want to run my script, be given the window to name the file each time, but not have to re-select the "Type" to merge each time.

Thanks,

Denis

408-489-0970

This topic is 6169 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.