Layout report help

Aelfin

This topic is 6170 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am building a data base to handle home inspections, I am attempting to make it generate the report. For each section of the report than can anywhere from 2-45 code violations, I have the sections as separate table related to the actual report table.

Originally I was going to make a layout that had a give space for ever code violation and then use sliding objects to hide the unused ones on a given report, the issue with that is the max layout size was no where near big enough.

Me next thought was trying to set up multiple sub summary reports for related tables to fill in the data into one long report. I am having trouble implementing this, i would need multiple sub summary reports from different tables with some filler/explanation in between each one. Each Code violation has a pic, and 2 or 3 variables with text.

If anyone has any ideas on how I might implement this or a better way to accomplish this it would be very much appreciated.

It sounds like each inspection code should be a related record. Then there is an unlimited number available, and no hard-coding of reports will be required: just print form the codes table as a list view.

This topic is 6170 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.