How to enable XML publishing without a web server

mortee

This topic is 6166 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm just trying to get familiar with FMSA's technologies. I see that the server deplyment assistant won't let me enable the XML component if I won't choose a web server it can detect.

I'm wondering if it's possible to enable and use XML without a supported web server. For example, using Apache on Windows.

In my particular case, I just want to get familiar with the DB access interfaces FMSA can provide, and I'd like to contact them from simple PHP and/or other scripts run by the command-line interpreter, without using any web server whatsoever. So, actually I want to enable the XML and/or PHP API component without any web server. Is it possible?

Then how does the XML component work? I thought it just sat in the WPE, accepted HTTP requests, and replied with XML data.

Based on what you say, it is a module in IIS, which accepts HTTP requests, converts them to some proprietary format, forwards it to the WPE by some means; then receives data back in some proprietary format, converts it to XML, and sends it back to the client from inside IIS. Is this right?

If this is the case, can the Apache-module (which is used on OS X) be used on Windows? And what if the FMSA is on a Windows box, but the webserver is Apache on a separate *NIX box? I couldn't figure those scenarios out...

This topic is 6166 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.