Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

I have a problem that revolves around needing to build a cross-tab layout for data entry purposes. We are an organization that has projects and staff and those staff are allocated to different projec

Diane Houdek

This topic is 6238 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a problem that revolves around needing to build a cross-tab layout for data entry purposes. We are an organization that has projects and staff and those staff are allocated to different projects as a percentage of time, however their allocation may change from month to month across the length of a project. Employee x maybe allocated to project 1 3% in July, and 5% in August, and have a different allocation for project 2 for those two months, but then they might drop down to part time in September, so we need to be able to update their allocation going forward without affecting their current allocation. Right now we have to create a field for each month in an allocations table that extends out for every potential month for every project (projectID, empID, jul07, aug07, sept07, etc). We need to use this for budget purposes, so basically we need projectID, empID, allocation, and date. What I would like to do is create a layout that allows our grants and contracts department to enter each person's allocation for each month of the project based on the number of months the project extends and to display it elegantly.

This topic is 6238 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.