file disappears, can't 'quit'

tomp

This topic is 6095 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just upgraded to FM9advanced and am having a scary experience. This is repeatable - happened twice on same file from the same general sequence of events. It also happened on a 2nd file in the same solution, but I don't recall the exact sequence of events there.

I duplicated a layout, modified the copy, executed a script that initialized container fields. Then went to modify a script. Clicked on 'Scriptmaker' and nothing happens. I am unable to access the scripts. I quit the solution (this is one of 6 files in the solution) and restarted. There is no error, but when opened, the file does not appear to open, is not accessible, nor is it listed in the 'Window' menu. With nothing listed in the 'Windows' menu, I try to 'quit' FM9proAdvanced. It will not quit. When I try to restore the file in question by overlaying it with a backup copy, the finder says the file is in use. The only way to 'quit' FM9advanced is to use 'Force Quit'. Then I can overly the file and restart. Trying to make the same changes again had the same result.

Any insight as to what might be happening?

"executed a script that initialized container fields. Then went to modify a script. Clicked on 'Scriptmaker' and nothing happens"

It sounds like the script was still running -- paused.

Some further information: I tested the same execution sequence on the solution in both 8.5 & 9

When run in 8.5 Advanced, everything is normal; list of scripts is accessible, 'quit FM' closes and releases all files & closes FM. Solution can be started and rerun again. No indication of any problems

When run in 9 Advanced, Script Manager becomes inaccessible, 'quit FM' apparently closes all files but does not release the file in question and FM remains open. 'Force Quit' is the only way to terminate FM. When the solution is rerun again, the file in question is opened and immediately closes without running the script specified to run on file open.

Would anyone like to look at the file after whatever happens to it happens?

Clarification:

In the previous email, 'when the solution is re-run again' applies to opening the file before the 'force quit' is applied. After FM has been 'forced quit' and FM 9 advanced is restarted, the file does open again and the list of scripts is accessible - until the script, apparently any script, is executed again.

I have isolated the cause of the problem to the plugin 'Secure FM 9.0'.

When I remove the Secure FM plugin from the Extensions folder, the script manager works, the files close and release, and FM closes when 'quit FM' is clicked.

When I reinstall the plugin, the problem recurs.

I've removed/reinstalled/removed/reinstalled several times to verify this.

I will transfer my issue to the plugins forum for assistance there to see if it's me or the plugin with the issue.

For those following these ramblings, thanks for your diligence.

I suggest you contact New Millenium directly. There are wonderful and very responsive. If there is an issue with implementation, they will stick with you until it is resolved. :wink2:

No need to create another post in plugins forum at all - I will transfer this one!

This topic is 6095 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.