Path to runtime application

Kent Searight

This topic is 6097 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Either I'm missing something or I didn't explain myself well.

Using Get (FileMakerPath) in a runtime returns the path to FileMaker Pro application, not the FM runtime application (at least that's the result I get)

Not here - and as it turns out, neither in San Diego. How could it? You could have any number (including zero) of FMP apps installed, and any one of them could be running or not. How would the bound file, opened in the runtime APPLICATION, figure out which one?

Is it possible you're opening a bound file in the full FMP app?

Not here - and as it turns out, neither in San Diego. How could it? You could have any number (including zero) of FMP apps installed, and any one of them could be running or not. How would the bound file, opened in the runtime APPLICATION, figure out which one?

That's what I can't figure out.

Is it possible you're opening a bound file in the full FMP app?

No, FMP isn't even running.

The behavior you two are describing is exactly what I expected (and wanted) to happen, but it's not what I'm seeing. Instead I get the path to FMP 9 Advanced, which is what I created it with.

I'm going to test on another machine.

The behavior you two are describing is exactly what I expected (and wanted) to happen, but it's not what I'm seeing. Instead I get the path to FMP 9 Advanced, which is what I created it with.

I'm going to test on another machine.

So you don't think you're crazy I got the same result. I even tried moving the folder containing the runtime....Still gave the location of when I created it.

Michael

Got it!!!

About a minute after submitting the last post I realized I had to make the calc unstored.

---

Thanks, Vaughan, I just got it.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6097 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.