Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

'Table missing'

Nigel99

This topic is 6198 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Without backing up my database I started to erase some orphaned relational data. In the process I seem to have messed up the main database as all fields now show 'Table missing'. What have I done and how can I recover my records? I can't seem to export anything as I might recover in that way I suppose.

Edited by Guest

If you deleted a table occurence or a base table then any layout based on that table occurence or table will show <

I think that if you deleted a base table and do not have a backup then their is nothing you can do to recover the data and structure that was deleted.

Others may have some ideas that i do not but it would surprise me if their was a way.

Good luck.

K

• Newbies

Thanks for the quick reply. The file still shows that there are 69 fields and 550 records in it... does this signify anything? How do I rebuild the layout?

I have been able to recover some of the records and imported them into a clone of the original. However, it loaded them into a new layout (with all the various fields) but not using my tabbed layout etc. So is this a problem of layout?

Edited by Guest

TO = Table Occurrence

I may have jumped ahead a bit here. Depending on the structure. If you did NOT delete the original table and the fields and data are in fact still there. Can you just double click on the fields in layout mode and reset them to "look" at the correct table?

To me it sounds like you deleted a TO meaning a table that is related to the original table. If this is the case you will have to figure out what was the keyfield for that relationship and recreate the TO again.

It's just tough to help without knowing what the layout displayed before.

Hope that makes sense

Michael

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6198 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.