Email and PDF Function

AlanP

This topic is 6143 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Let me ask if there is any way to do this. I have a script where we (prior to upgrading to 9...we had 7), had to print to PDF then manually attach to an email we generated from filemaker.

Now I would like to, all in one script, create the PDF in filemaker and a formatted email with filemaker data.

The problem is the PDF function has an email feature but it doesn't give you any options like the send mail script function.

I need to have data populated in the email and attach the PDF...but, alas, I'm lost. Thank you i advance

You can use a combo of the 2 steps. First specify the file path in a script Variable step. In FileMaker 9 you can use the new Get ( TemporaryPath ), if you don't want to see the PDFs. They will then be deleted when you restart the machine (on a Mac anyway, and I imagine the same for Windows, hence "temporary"). Otherwise put them in a folder on the Desktop, using Get ( DesktopPath ).

Set Variable [ $filepath; "filewin:" & Get ( TemporaryPath ) & "some file.pdf" ]

# You would likely get "some file.pdf" from a FileMaker field, not hard coded text (so it wouldn't have quotes)

Save Records as PDF [ $filepath ]

Send Mail [ ... ... ; attachment; $filepath ]

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 6143 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.