Web Viewer - Saving HTML Content - and Frames

CCBtx

This topic is 6071 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am pointing my webviewer toward an HTML page with frames. When I save the content to a field, it seems to be saving the error page content that tells me that I need to be using a browser that supports frames.

So....

How do I specify which Browser Frame I save to a field using the GetLayoutObjectAttribute function?

Wow. That's a feat. It is a dynamic page. Ok. That gives me a start. Thanks.

...Later that Day....

Nope. That did not work. If I try to access the frame directly, the server recognizes it and redraws the entire page with frames. Any other suggestion?

Edited by Guest

What is the goal with getting the source? I have written VBS scripts to "scrape" webpages externally. (I did this in 8.0 when webviewers were not an option.) Remember, a webviewer is not a web browser and does not have all the funcutionality of one(and anytime you are tring to "scrape" a page you are at the mercy of the code on that page, and if it's not your page, it could change at any time). Having said that, there is almost always a way to obtain some level of intergration between filemaker and anything else.

The key is to explore all the options, the web viewer may not be able to accomplish your goal(or maybe it can), if you let me know a little more about what you are tring to accomplish(or even the address of the site your dealing with), I may be able to give you some suggestions.

This topic is 6071 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.