Web Viewer Charting

Bill Power

This topic is 6071 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am stuck on how to get summary data into the charting process, whether the approach I use is via the charting database process or a plugin like xmChart.

Specifically, I see how static values are used to generate the results, but I want to get summary data into the string.

Say I have a sales results table with the following fields:

Salesperson

Sales Month Year

Product

Value

Sum Value

Calculated Summary Value by Salesperson and Month Year

How can I get that summary value into the string so that charts are produced showing a particular salesperson’s performance?

Any guidance please?

You need to assemble the summary data into a single text string.

Here's a scripted method to solve this: First, you need to evaluate the summary fields using a calculation with GetSummary(summaryField; breakField), and sort the found set on the break field. This will give you a value in that calc for each record (although it will be the same value within each breakField set). From there you can jump through the found set grabbing that calc value for the first record of each breakField set, and append them to your string. This will require a loop, a counter or two, and something to hold the string you're assembling. You can use the same loop to assemble a string of the labels for the chart, for example, each of the values of the breakField.

Once you have the strings, you insert them into the call to the charting module.

This topic is 6071 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.