How create single list from multiple records?

sebby

This topic is 6138 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

[color:black]I'm new to filemaker. I'm trying to create a report that vertically lists all the NAMES taken from multiple records based on which item or items have been selected in a checkbox.

On my main account page I have a checkbox field with 5 values. Each record could have 0 to all 5 values checked, but each record will be different variations throughout the table.

I want to have one single report page for each of the 5 items that lists all the NAMES from all the records that have that item checked.

I know that the checkbox values are divided by carriage returns. I've tried to use GetValue and FilterValues in various ways with no luck.

I was thinking that I could make a script that would Find all records with a particular item having been checked and then copy all the NAMES fields in all the found records and paste them to a single report page field, but I can only get it to paste them all on invidual report pages.

Overall... I'm sure there are a number of solutions to this problem, so I'm open to all suggestions. I've spent a day and a half reading posts and trying to learn more about the program, but i can't seem to find the answer. Hope someone out there can help. Thanks.

I'd also be happy if someone could tell me how to make a basic columnar report with 2 columns for a single 8.5 x 11 page. I thought about using labels, but I need to have a header.

Edited by Guest

Welcome mondiglee,

One way you could do it with your current structure is to run and print a report for each value. You'd have a script Find records for the first value and print that, then do the same for each successive value. You could do this with a loop, or hard-code the Find criteria. You'd end up with separate pages for each value.

For something more flexible, where the report is all together (grouped by value), you'd need to change that checkbox set into a portal of selected values. Then run the report from a layout based on the related Selected Values table. You could use a sub-summary report (with a Sub-Summary by Value) part to show sub-totals by Value field.

This topic is 6138 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.